Translate

Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Flight for Safety" by Karlene Petitt

After reading a horribly perverse book by one pilot, I thought to myself, maybe a book written by a lady pilot would be better.  Boy was I wrong.  Equally full of drinking, swearing, and disturbingly graphic perversion, this book was no better than the other.  I started the book thinking that maybe things would be different.  That maybe I’d find a book solely about flying and find a role model worthy of looking up to.  Instead, about a third of the way through, I was confronted with a sex-scene.  I do not like reading these sort of things in books.  I would think pilots were the upper echelon of society and worth looking up to.  What I wouldn’t give for just one positive role model in the aviation community that does not promote drinking, swearing, cohabitation, and casual sex.  Books like these make me almost not want to fly anymore. 

1 comment:

Jessy Jessy said...

Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them.
air cheap tickets