Translate

Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Vexation" by Elicia Clegg

This book is deeply disturbing and downright creepy. Christian readers should just plain avoid it, for it is nothing like what Philippians 4:8 says we should think about. The word devil is spoken of one too many times in just the first chapter. Audaciously enough, it is even capitalized. There are even swear words--even the big f-one--in the first chapter. The book is about a messed up girl who got kidnapped, went through a nut house, and then tried in vain to reenter society. The story is not redemptive, and it should just be pushed aside.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

I really wish I had read your blog before sending out my book. I apologize if it offended you, had I know that you were a devoted Christian I would not have sent it. I realize the bible teaches us to not only live righteous, but to also think that way. I hope you can forgive me and that you have a more pleasant experience with the next book you read. :) Elicia

Teresa Konopka said...

There's no need to apologize. It's my job to let Christians know what's in books, and then it's their decision whether or not to read them. Jesus loves you. :)